2013-2014 Chairman of the Board
Stephen A. Roell
Steve Roell serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and member of the Board of Directors of Johnson Controls, Inc.
Roell joined Johnson Controls in 1982 and became vice president and chief financial officer in 1991. He was named executive vice president in 2004 and vice chairman in 2005. He became chief executive officer in 2007 and chairman and CEO on January 1, 2008.
Roell is actively involved in the community. He is a member of Business Roundtable and also serves on the Board of Directors of Interstate Battery System of America, Inc., Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, as well as United Way of Greater Milwaukee, Hunger Task Force, Boys & Girls Clubs and Medical College of Wisconsin.
Roell received his Bachelor of Science in accounting from St. Ambrose University.
2013-2014 United Way of Greater Milwaukee Executive Committee
Chair, Steve Roell
Vice Chair/Chair Elect, David J. Lubar
Secretary, Linda Gorens-Levey
Treasurer, R. Bruce McDonald
United Way of Greater Milwaukee President & CEO, Mary Lou Young
United Way of Greater Milwaukee Chief Operating Officer, Filippo Carini
Campaign Co-chairs: Linda Benfield, Brad Chapin, Greg Oberland
Audit Committee, Scott Wrobbel
Community Impact Committee, Lynn Sprangers
Finance & Operations Committee, R. Bruce McDonald
Governance Committee, Cory Nettles
Labor Council Representative, Sheila Cochran
Marketing & Communications Committee, Hugh McGarry
2013-2014 United Way of Greater Milwaukee Board of Directors
- Bevan K. Baker, City of Milwaukee Health Department
- Linda E. Benfield, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Sandra L. Botcher, Northwestern Mutual
- Thomas J. Cardella, MillerCoors
- Filippo Carini, United Way of Greater Milwaukee
- Bradley D. Chapin, BMO Harris Bank
- Sheila D. Cochran, Milwaukee Area Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Jameson P. Delgadillo, Northwestern Mutual
- David W. Gay, Ernst & Young LLP
- Thomas C. Gentile, GE Healthcare
- Ellen Gilligan, Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Linda Gorens-Levey, Stark Investments
- Jon D. Hammes, Hammes Company, LLC
- Jacqueline D. Herd-Barber, Community Volunteer
- Mark F. Irgens, Irgens Partners, LLC
- Catherine Jacobson, Froedtert Health, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Joerres, ManpowerGroup
- Paul W. Jones, A. O. Smith Corporation
- David J. Lubar, Lubar & Co.
- Gregory S. Marcus, The Marcus Corporation
- R. Bruce McDonald, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Hugh McGarry, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Cory L. Nettles, Generation Growth Capital, Inc.
- Gregory C. Oberland, Northwestern Mutual
- James R. Popp, Chase
- Michael J. Porcaro, UPS
- James E. Quinlan, Wells Fargo & Company
- Kristine A. Rappé, We Energies
- John R. Raymond, Sr., M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin
- Nicole J. Renouard, Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.
- Steve Roell, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Paul Schmitz, Public Allies, Inc.
- Lynn Sprangers, Mount Mary College
- Mary Ellen Stanek, Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
- Paul W. Sweeney, PS Capital Partners, LLC
- Mark R. Taylor, FACHE, Columbia St. Mary’s
- Dr. Gregory E. Thornton, MPS Central Services
- Peggy N. Troy, Children’s Hospital & Health System
- Nick W. Turkal, M.D., Aurora Health Care
- Gordon J. Weber, Associated Banc-Corp
- Gregory M. Wesley, Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan LLP
- Scott A. Wrobbel, Deloitte LLP
- Mary Lou Young, United Way of Greater Milwaukee
- Anne Zizzo, Zizzo Group Marketing + PR + New Media